Stuffed Peppers – Another Simple Recipe
If you have spent any time reading and preparing my Recipes, there is one common theme. Simplicity. This recipe is no different and will make you look like a great Chef. Once again, use this miss the essay template for fut recipes. Let’s get started.
4-6 Green or Red Peppers
½ pound Ground Beef
½ loaf of Stale Italian Bread
2 Eggs, scrambled and Raw
1 bunch of fresh Italian Parsley. Just use one handful, Chopped
Grated Parmesan Cheese
3 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper
1. Soak the Italian Bread in a pot of Cold Water still soft. Approximately 45 minutes.
2. Take the Italian Bread and thoroughly squeeze out the water.
3. Break up the bread and place in a large bowl along with the:
4. Ground Beef, Scrambled Legs, Parsley, big handful of Grated Cheese and Garlic
5. Mix thoroughly by hand
6. Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove all of these seeds
7. Fill each Pepper with the ground beef mixture
8. Top each pepper with grated cheese and a drizzle of olive oil
9. Brush a small amount of olive oil onto the outside of the peppers
10. Place the peppers in a baking dish with the cut side facing up
11. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes
12. Remove the foil and bake for another 25 minutesr
13. Remove from the oven and let the peppers rest for 15 minutes.
Now, it is time to have a great dinner. He stuffed peppers with Italian Bread, a glass of wine and whatever else you would like. If you want to put some tomato sauce on the peppers, by all means do so.
*Why is step 9 so important?
I am not going to bore you with all of the engineering that I learned in my life, just know that the olive oil helps the peppers to absorb the heat. It’s called heat uptake. It allows things to the cook faster. Why does it take a turkey that is stuffed some months longer to cook than one that is not.
The mixture I put together for the stuffing can also be used for meatballs, meatloaf, hamburgers or Wedding Soup. It’s a universal thing and one of the ways to increase your versatility in the kitchen and still look like an absolute professional.
About the Author
Rich Ursini is a cookbook author, food lover, food and business article writer and your guide to Italian. His cookbook is available at:
*A FREE chapter from his cookbook, Big Italian Tight Budget Is Given Away.
And he has a food blog where many recipes are provided to you. The addresses below.
Easy Dinner Recipes – 30 Minute Quick Dinner Ideas